- Work with TEAR’s community engagement team
- Exciting mix of strategic thinking, relationship building and supporter empowerment
- Part-time | Brisbane location
About TEAR Australia
TEAR is a Christian development, relief and advocacy organisation responding to global poverty and injustice. Our vision is for a just and compassionate world in which all people have the opportunity to achieve their God-given potential. To work at TEAR is to live out your vocation; a space where your faith, passion for justice and skills intersect. TEAR offers generous salary packaging benefits, a friendly and flexible work environment, and will challenge you on your faith and justice journey.
We are looking for a Community Organiser in Brisbane
Work with TEAR’s community engagement team and connect with and empower Christians in Australia to engage in prayer, giving, advocacy, living justly, and/or learning. This state-based role is a challenging, creative and rewarding mix of volunteer management, supporter mobilisation and community organising.
- Recruit, mobilise and support TEAR’s volunteers and supporter base to take personal action in response to poverty and injustice, and to mobilise others to do the same.
- Plan and implement community organising aspects of TEAR campaigns.
- Provide training and development.
- Develop engaging content for volunteer and supporter communications.
For more information, download the Position Description below.
About You - does this sound like you?
- You love the church and social justice; your goal is to make sure that every Christian in Australia is challenged and empowered to make biblically-shaped responses to poverty and injustice.
- You’re a change maker; you can empower others to take coordinated volunteer action on issues which impact on Global Poverty.
- You pride yourself on your excellent relationship building and communication skills; you value others and work collaboratively to achieve shared goals.
- You love working with people and enjoy getting out and about, networking with a variety of key stakeholders.
- You are a strategic thinker and love developing plans and seeing them come to fruition.
- You are able to utilise a broad range of digital tools to get the job done.
- You’re a multi-tasker. You’re used to managing multiple priorities, from running a training event, telling a story, writing copy for an EDM or taking a volunteer for a coffee. Making sure things get done is your forte.
How to apply
Applications close: Monday 20 May
Send us your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
In your cover letter tell us:
- Why you’ll get a kick out of being our QLD/NT Lead Community Organiser role.
- Tell us about the most significant strategy you have led a team of volunteers to deliver.
- Address the Position Requirements in the Position Description
Download the position description
Contact Tim Johnson - 03 9264 7000