Volunteer on the NSW Core Team!
This role is for you if:
- You have a heart for the world and issues of poverty and injustice. You seek the kingdom of God, where all things will be made new.
- You would like to learn more about community organising, campaigning and effective advocacy
- You believe Christians have a role to play in the public sphere
- You would like to develop your leadership and project management skills
- You are a team player, digital-native and fast learner
- You value relationship, collaboration, and the voice of the poor
- You can volunteer for one day a week over a minimum 3-month period
How we will empower you:
- We’ll organise for you to join the TEAR team at Voices for Justice in Canberra, 1-4 December
- We’ll provide in-role training, giving you first-hand advocacy and campaigning experience
- We’ll give you the opportunity to learn from different staff members and better understand TEAR’s theory of change and approach to development
- We’ll journey with you in your faith, and pray with you
- We’ll ask you to lead on projects and for your input into planning and strategy
- We’ll support and mentor you in the role, and invest in your leadership
How to apply
Simply fill in the application form to tell us why you'd like to join the NSW Core Team as the next Advocacy Intern.
Download the position description
TEAR is a Christian development, relief and advocacy organisation responding to global poverty and injustice. We are a thriving grassroots movement of Christians in Australia responding to God’s call to bring an end to poverty. TEAR’s creative and courageous initiatives not only enable the work of our international partners, but also bring about God’s kingdom through changes in global systems of injustice and biblically-shaped lives here in Australia.