Please note: This information has expired. View current news and events.
The 2019 TEAR Weekender - Good News for People and Planet, is a moment to gather, share stories, encourage one another and be equipped with the tools to be bearers of ‘Good News for People and Planet’
Join us as we hear from Jo Knight, Joel McKerrow, Brad Coath and others.
Explore stories from our Christan partners about good development and successful transformation, learn hands-on community organising skills and how to engage your faith community with the message of justice, and take a deep dive into the issue of environmental justice and how TEAR as a movement is working for the renewal of all of God’s creation.
There are limited spots available – Register Now!
Overnight registrations close Friday the 6th of September. Day tickets for Saturday will remain available in the lead up to the event.
Friday from 5pm
- Registration and Check-in
- Dinner followed by a discussion on the Ecology of the Gospel - Jon Cornford
Saturday from 9.30am
- Welcome to Country
- Main Session 1 - Good News for People & Planet
- Main Session 2 - Good News for People & Planet: Climate Justice Advocacy - Jo Knight
- MP Engagement
- MP engagement continued
- Workshop Session 1 -
- Mobilise your Faith Community: How to find others with shared values to join you in this advocacy work
- Stories of Social Change from TEAR's international partners
- Main Session 3 - Theology of shifting power - Brad Coath
- Workshop Session 2 -
- Inclusive group facilitation - How to lead a group of passionate and diverse Christians towards a common goal
- Participation in Development: Stories from TEAR's international partners
- Storytelling for change - Joel McKerrow