Policies and Guidelines
Key TEAR policies which may be of interest to volunteers, supporters and members of the public.
- Complaints Policy – outlines how complaints are handled at TEAR so that we can learn as an organisation, do our work better, and improve relationships.
- Conflict of Interest Policy – Guidelines for what could be a conflict of interest for staff, volunteers, and consultants and how they should be handled.
- Gender Policy – outlines TEAR's commitment to gender justice.
- Guidelines for International Development – An outline of the types of work and working arrangements that TEAR is involved with and where our resources are allocated.
Safeguarding Children Guidelines – outlines TEAR's approach to safeguarding children in all of TEAR's activities.
- Safeguarding Children Policy – outlines TEAR's commitment to safeguard children in all of TEAR's activities.
Volunteer Policy – defines the mutual responsibilities of TEAR and TEAR volunteers to ensure our work together is enjoyable and productive.
Whistleblower Policy – establishes a framework to provide all staff, volunteers, contractors, partners and members of the public an accessible and safe process to report concerns about a wrongful act or misconduct by someone involved with TEAR.
Work Health and Safety Policy – describes our commitment to providing a safe workplace, systems and training for all who work with us.